Monday, August 30, 2010

Lavender and Red-A Quirky Color Combo


Did I mention that I heart weddings? I do! I think they are so beautiful! It's a celebration of love-from the couple to their family and friends. They are always a joyous occasion and they are increasingly becoming more and more stylish and personalized.

My dream is to be discovered by Martha Stewart and work for her team-but that dream may still be a ways off. In the meantime, I wanted to explore a color combination that I've never seen before.

Best part-it's two of my least favorite colors. If you asked why I don't like these colors, I don't really have a straightforward answer. But that sometimes happens right?? And when I first read about it I was very skeptical. Really? Red and Lavender? But Martha Stewart proved me wrong. To the right are some images from her Perfect Palettes collection and I must say I'm very inspired! So chic, trendy, and unexpected. All of a sudden both red and lavender are starting to look like pretty awesome colors to me. I love it! I'm starting to feel that there really are no colors that are off limits to weddings. It's really just all about how you play around with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment