Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ghost Chairs

For those of you who don't know me-I was just married this past July. It was definitely a very exciting and stressful time for everyone! I think I have just a hint of post wedding blues so am trying to figure out ways to still stay tied in the industry.

I didn't realize exactly how stylish weddings could be until I first attended my best friend's wedding back in 2007. Up till then, I thought the typical Chinese American wedding either consisted of (a) a Chinese banquet (if both parties are Chinese) or (b) the typical midwest wedding aka get married in a church and then have the reception in a banquet hall.

I've been to and seen many weddings since then and have consistently had my mind blown by how detailed and personlized each wedding could be!

Anyways, my latest obsession has to do with chairs. Yes, chairs!
It seems like the elegant go to chair is the Chiavari chairs. I can definitely see why. It's a true staple and a pretty one at it. For the record, we weren't able to use these chairs at our reception because we didn't have the budget, but it was definitely considered!

But looks like there's a new chair in town. The Ghost chairs are definitely not for everyone, but I love how they can make everything look that much more sleek and chic. Not to mention that they wouldn't take away from the colors.

Case in points the picture on the bottom is one of the Louis Ghost Arm Chair by Philippe Starck. It was sitting there so innocently at Design Within Reach that I decided to ask the salesperson what the selling price was. A whopping $410. Hmm, so instead of these chairs being in reach for the ridiculously stinking rich people, they are now within reach of the normal stinking rich people. Nice.

Anyways, it may look a bit sad by itself, but when used in masse, the look suddenly becomes pretty awesome (a la a wedding I found on Style Me Pretty-my fav blog!)



2 comments: